The Francis Cope House
One Awbury Road
Philadelphia, PA 19138
Awbury Arboretum Landscapes
The Francis Cope House, 1 Awbury Road, Philadelphia PA 19138-1505
Awbury Arboretum Landscapes (AAL) is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of the Awbury Arboretum Association, a non-profit organization that owns and manages AAL. Awbury Arboretum Landscapes is dedicated to providing a range of landscape maintenance and design / build services for institutions and individual customers throughout the Philadelphia area. It is critical that AAL always perform at the highest “best practices” standards as its horticultural and environmental work performance will reflect on the public’s perception of the arboretum.
This individual will be responsible for crew management and motivation, as well as scheduling, quality control, recruitment and training. In addition, this employee will have significant interaction with clients and must have the ability to do so effectively and knowledgably. This employee will also work directly with and participate with the crew on most of the projects.
This position requires the ability to wear many hats and, therefore, requires excellent organizational, leadership, communication, administrative, problem solving, time management and interpersonal skills as well as expected landscaping activities.
General Duties: This position will be responsible for the following:
• Scheduling and management of the maintenance and design/build crews.
• Management and quality control of maintenance and installation projects both off site and in the arboretum.
• Ensuring that all landscape installation and maintenance jobs provide consistently high customer service and horticultural quality
• Estimating select jobs.
• Training and development of crew members in order to ensure consistent best practices in both service and horticultural knowledge and standards
• Communication with and daily scheduling and update meetings with the Director.
• Communication and coordination with clients to ensure accurate and timely completion of all jobs.
• Ensuring that all job expenses and timesheets are accurately submitted to accounting on a timely basis.
• Coordination of crew assignments with Director and Awbury Landscape Manager
• Ensuring that all tools and equipment are used properly and receive proper maintenance.
• Coordination of the use of equipment and facilities with the Director and the Awbury Landscape Manager.
• 2-3+ years experience managing and scheduling both maintenance and design/build landscape service crews
• A Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or a closely related field
• Experience estimating both residential and institutional landscape service jobs / contracts
• Proficient heavy equipment operating skills
• Experience maintaining and servicing landscape equipment
• Excellent management skills with the ability to multi-task and plan ahead
• Knowledge of native and non-native woodies and herbaceous plants
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, designers)
Compensation: This is a full-time, year-round position with limited benefits (including healthcare, vacation etc.). Salary, including commissions and/or incentives will be commensurate with experience and ALS success.
Contact Information: Please send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls please.